You've finished your Pilates workout. You feel stronger, longer, leaner. Then, what happens? You stand up and possibly sink back into the the bad habits that you just tried to derail with your Pilates practice. Well, here are some tips so that you can continue your Pilates training off the mat as well as on.
- Don't stop the deep breathing just because you're finished with the workout... continue it as long as possible.
- Be mindful of your postural muscles. Now that they're energized, you always know where to find them.
- Don't look down. Stand tall, look forward, and walk proud.
- Avoid sitting too much! It makes your hip flexors short and weak and keeps your glute max lengthened but inactive
- Pull your abs in just as you were doing with your Pilates exercises whenever you think about it.
Believe it or not, little adjustments such as these, executed throughout the day will have a compound effect and make the work you're doing ON the mat even more effective.