Introduction to the 10 day No Sugar Challenge!
Hey everyone! We’re starting a video series to go with Pilates on Fifth Online called “Let’s Get Wellthy!”
That’s “wellthy” with a W-E-L-L! Wellness is a topic we’re passionate about and unlike all the hype about wellness of late, we’ve been passionate about it all our lives! For the last 18+ years, we have owned Manhattan’s largest Pilates studio, but our “wellness kick” started in high school. Our mother wasn’t too pleased when we started refusing to eat certain things but was thrilled when we took over the cooking!
All the publicity surrounding wellness can be so confusing, especially with the number of celebrities promoting certain products or certain diets. Well, we’re here to tell you that WELLNESS has nothing to do with being “wealthy” or rich...that’s why we’re calling it “wellthy” with a W-E-L-L! Wellness has nothing to do with money! You don’t need to buy fancy products or go on a wellness retreats to be WELLthy!!
Anyone, anywhere at any income level can live a life of wellness!
Ok, so to start this Let’s Get Wellthy kick, we’re inviting you to our 10 day NO SUGAR CHALLENGE! We’re calling it “March Madness” because we know eliminating all sugar – including artificial sugars, honey, molasses, corn syrup – basically any sweetener of any kind – will make us…
A BIT CRAZY!!
But it’s important! And in doing this we are hoping that we curb our cravings for sugar so that when we add it back in, we add less! So here are the rules:
No added sugar! This includes honey, agave, splenda, stevia, maltose – anything! Please watch our video on “how to read a nutrition label” in case you are afraid you might miss some hidden sugars. Also, in our description below, we have included this handy list of 61 synonyms for sugar.
- To help you out, here are common places sugar hides
- Salad dressings
- Protein Bars/Breakfast Bars/Energy Bars
- Yogurt! One even has sugar as the first ingredient before the fruit!
- Crackers/Potato Chips (like sour cream & onion, cheddar, & BBQ) - regular salt & vinegar usually do NOT have sugar!
- No alcohol….which is why we are drinking now…CHEERS!
- No soda or diet soda
- No processed fruit juices…you can juice yourself
- No pink, blue, yellow or green artificial sweeteners…this will be a killer for us
- You can eat fruit! The natural fiber in the fruit coupled with the natural sweetness should fill you up and satisfy you
You can find links to more articles about sugar here!
No Sugar Challenge Explained