Challenge, Motivate, Encourage, Inspire...
HOW you Teach is JUST AS IMPORTANT as WHAT you Teach
The Pilates Academy International is committed to helping dedicated and qualified individuals gain the knowledge
and teaching skills needed to become excellent, sought-after Pilates instructors.
A great Pilates instructor must have five essential skills
· Solid understanding of anatomy, biomechanics and postural issues
· Strong command of the Pilates exercise repertoire
· Ability to see the need for modifications and adjust accordingly
· Ability to progress and challenge clients safely and effectively
· Ability to inspire and motivate clients to reach their fitness goals
Without all of the above skills, Pilates instructors cannot provide their clients with the best instruction they could receive and thus prevent the client from reaping all the benefits Pilates has to offer.
Each course has its own criteria, all of which can be found on the PAI Pilates Teacher Training Course Requirements page. In summary, to become a fully trained Pilates instructor, over 200 classroom hours are required in addition to personal review, practice teaching and observation hours. Information on all of our courses can be found on the PAI Pilates Teacher Training Course Descriptions page.
Download an Application to apply for the PAI Pilates Teacher Training course. You can submit your application via email, snail mail, or by dropping it off at the studio. Please include with your application a non-refundable deposit of $200 per course. Please attach your resume along with two references with the application.
The Core Curriculum
All courses at the Pilates Academy International will focus on the following:
- Fundamental execution of each exercise
- Anatomy and biomechanics of each exercise
- Exercise modification skills
- Cueing and correcting skills
- Workout design skills
- Transition skills
- Progression skills
PAI receives job opportunity notifications from affiliated studios across the country. If you are a PAI student interested in being put on our mailing list to receive such notifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.